Friday, November 26, 2010

POST 40

The other day I had the privilege of dancing as a beginner in a belly dancing concert.  I felt sexy and tuned into the Goddess energy as I shook and swayed my round, soft belly.

I watched a solo dancer who came on after me.

She was a 'bigger' girl with a luscious, soft, overflowing tummy and hips...and she was POWERFULLY SEXY!

When she danced, the entire auditorium sat mesmerized.

And it made me wonder, does this sexy woman feel sexy out in the 'real world'? Does she feel sexy when she's out shopping? When she's out on  a night on the town with friends?

Does the love and appreciation for her body permeate outside of her dancing?

In belly dancing, our rounded bodies are acceptable and preferred to that of a flat, muscular tummy.  The roundness shapes the moves and the style of dance we do. 

But obviously in western society, this is not wildly accepted as the norm.  This girl would probably have to shop in plus size shops and would be challenged to find role models similar to her shape in our fashion magazines. 

I couldn't help but ponder all this, as I watched her dance.  She was so amazing and confident.

I couldn't help but hope that she is one of those women, who actually do have an inner confidence that permeates her entire life.  I would love to believe that she is someone who chooses to love herself exactly as she is, inspiring the rest of us.

So today's blog is for her...

Thank you for reminding me that sexy belays shape, but lives in confidence!

Hip hip hooray, you are beautiful today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment